Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I need a life.

One week left 'til school! Can you believe it? I'm counting down the days 'til school! Can you believe me? :| I'm sorry to say this, but I think I have rested enough. I need to get up and moving again. Maybe I'm starting to love work (like my friend Tin here. Hahaha.). And I have somehow developed a sense that time should not be wasted. :O

Skill learned: Reflection!
Maturity +3
Wisdom +2

Today was a relatively productive day for me, by the way. I woke up at around 7:30 today feeling like I had no bones. My body clock has gone kaput, because I usually wake up at noon. I had to crawl out of bed and force myself to eat breakfast because I had to go to our old house in QC with my grandmother! I had to go with my grandma because she's ninety, and well, her legs aren't doing very well anymore. Our household help had gone with us, but I had to be there to serve as a translator! Anyway, there's this Buddhist holiday today called 清明节 which I think commemorates the birthday of the Earth God or something. *Edit* Whoops, sorry. It's the Buddhist All Saints' Day pala. *Edit* So there. My grandmother is Buddhist and had to celebrate the holiday every year. We brought a lot of food to the altar on third floor/roof deck of the house where the food was laid out as offering. We also had to burn some 金 (literally meaning gold) or pieces of paper with golden designs on it because it was believed that the 金 burned would go to the heavens and serve as the souls' money. You can scoff at the practice, but I think it's interesting, although the smoke it makes does well in making me cry. (Global warming. Aaahh.)

No one has ever lived in that old house for almost a decade. My Fil 12 classmates would know about this, because I wrote about it for a personal essay in class. It was the house that was completed the same time I was born. My friends, the trees, have all been cut down now, by the way. I rarely go back to look around, and when I do, I'm always shocked by how small everything is now. Hahaha. Have you ever felt as if a place you used to frequent as a child had shrunk, but really it was you who grew? :)) It's a strange feeling to remember all the things I used to do in that house. The whole place was really dark and dusty. It almost resembles a haunted house, but no. I spent good years there. :) I guess that's what happens when things are abandoned. They shed their colors and blend into the shadows and disappear from memory. The house reminds me of the theater in the movie, "Cinema Paradiso". Hahaha. I wonder if we would ever use that house again. Maybe I will. Someday.

Sooo... enough about my reflections and on to other news! Online enlistment for summer class was yesterday. It was exciting! You see how uneventful my life is for thinking it was fun. Yes. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to summer class! Honestly, I don't think it's much of a big deal because I have studied every summer for my entire life! </3 I studied the usual stuff like Math and English and swimming and piano, but I also got enrolled in stuff like Chinese Calligraphy and abacus classes. ABACUS. I'm not kidding. I now realize how bizarre it is in retrospect. (Hi, Jeth!)

Oh, speaking of Jeth, I'm signing up for scholarship this year! I'm not rich, and if I'm really pushing through with being a doctor, I might as well save some money for my parents, right? I can only apply for a maximum of a 50% scholarship now, though. I do hope I get it. :)

It took me a while to churn out this new blog post, because my blockmates, Aimee, Rap and I have started a literary blog! We sort of gave up on the 50,000-word essay, so we gave ourselves a different challenge instead! The rules were to post something that passes as literature everyday. It's hard to allocate some inspiration for this blog too when I had to use all I have for the other one. Hahaha. Go check it out, will you? :D And you can contribute too, if you'd like! :-bd

4 comments:

  1. I like the part about the blending into the shadows :O So poetic~

    I HOPE YOU GET YOUR SCHOLARSHIP CHERYL! :D

    Unrelated, but I really like the fishies you're raising at the right side of the screen.:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanksss!! >:D< yeah, they're pretty. 8-> and livelier than real fish! ahahaha. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahaha. i'm overfeeding them now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha. go ahead. it's okay. they won't die. XD

    ReplyDelete