Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fun Friends are Fun

I went to school to pay my tuition fee last Thursday. I met up with my friend Aaron and his two coursemates Patrick and Aya (they're all from CS, btw) who paid online but needed to apply for an ID too. It was nice walking around the almost empty Ateneo with friends and nothing important in mind. We met some of their upperclassmen who invited us to go audition for this year's O-Film! I didn't dare, but Aaron, Patrick and Ia did! The audition process itself was rather boring, honestly. They just make you read a script (with feelings). It takes a while per person so we waited outside the room while playing Pinoy Henyo and getting headaches from it. Oh, and guess what I found out? The O-Film is going to be a parody of Scott Pilgrim! ... plus 500 Days of Summer, which is a rather old movie, but I still can't wait how it turns out! :D

Yesterday, WDG went to Glorietta/Greenbelt! Only Maxine, her sister, Jom and I were present that day though, because As-as had violin lessons. Good for you, girl! I've always wanted to learn to play the violin. WDG stands for World Domination Group. Yes, you heard me. It's composed of myself, Maxine, Jomarie and Asrielle. The idea started from Maxine, actually. Our Miss Independent who hails from UP Diliman! (Kidding, Max.) Whenever we would get our hearts broken, she would tell us that men are worthless and that if we never get married, we would someday take over the world instead. =)) No offense, men.

Anyway, we spent most of the day walking around Greenbelt and taking pictures! Here are a few of them:

We all shared one cream puff there in the Food Court because none of them wanted to eat anything.

No, we didn't watch that movie.

That place with the cross in the background is a chapel!

Greenbelt has a really nice garden area where there are ponds with fish and even ducks in them! It's all part of the reification effects malls have.

We had lunch at John&Yoko - Cosmopolitan Japanese Cuisine (named after John Lennon and Yoko Ono, but not opened by them.) which is located at Greenbelt 5. It's a really posh place with really posh customers and annoying waitresses who are very judgmental. I knew I should have worn something decent! But anyway, the food was great! We weren't able to take any pictures of them though, so I'll describe them to you instead! There was... Spicy Tuna Salad which has big chunks of raw tuna mixed with lettuce leaves and topped with spicy chili mayo and crispy tempura breading! Next, we had Dynamite Rolls. It was six pieces of maki with salmon and mayo and seaweed wrapped inside! But the real dynamite effect is in the sauce. We had to dip them in a red sauce that's mildly sweet and sour at first but then gets really really spicy after swallowed. But it was good. There was cucumber water (like lemon water, but cucumber. yes.) served, it was all a unique experience. We shared a well-done steak laid on top of a bed of french fries and served with lots of mushroom gravy with three kinds of mushrooms in it. It was kind of tough, but still amazing. @-) We ate the steak with a paella called Japaella. There isn't much sahog in it but it was topped with grilled chicken and big garlic shrimps! And the rice itself was fragrant and tasty enough on its own. The servings were big too, so the prices were okay at 200-300 per entree!

I hope I did not get you guys hungry. Or did I? :> I'm kidding. I swear I will start my diet... after my family takes me to have steak at Robinson's later. :> Hahaha.... :|

We went to get some ice cream at the DQ in Glorietta. Glorietta and Greenbelt are connected by an overpass so it's all very convenient. The mango blizzards were great! And then after ice cream, we went to Timezone! Glorietta has the HUGEST Timezone branch ever! We played a bunch of stuff I sucked in such as basketball shooting and skee ball, so I felt better when we played the two feet high ball shooting game for kids instead and got 10 tickets from it! We also played this drum game with yellow drums, and this texting game with metal payphone keypads and the buttons I pressed would not register. :| It was fun though because we were screaming each letter at the top of our lungs and people were shooting us strange looks, but we didn't care. :)) We got really tired took a rest at the Food Court and took vain pics and then left soon afterwards. My thumbs are still sore from the texting game. :))

I guess that's about it! I have to go now. We're leaving for RP soon. Bye!

3 comments:

  1. It's Ia by the way. Fun fact: I also have a blockmate (nick)named Aia, so we have two people with similar sounding nicknames from each CS block.

    Sounds like you had a fun week. Ako naman, di makapaghintay na mag-summer classes (srsly). Excited na ako para sa French and psych classes. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. :)):)) thanks, Aaron! yeah i'm excited too! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. you didn't post about the punas-kid!!! hahaha your reaction was really funny ahahahhaa..

    ReplyDelete