Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Not a cloud in the sky, got the sun in my eyes...

And I won't be surprised that it's a dreaaaam...

Hello, friends! I HAVE RETURNED.

Summer is getting me burned out. Literally. My arms and feet have the most epic tan lines ever. You should see them. You'd be amazed! Hurr hurr.

Anyway, hellooooo! It's been a while. I'm sorry for making you miss out on my life, since I'm sure you're all terribly interested in everything that I do. Kidding. Urgh, I annoy myself when I'm being sarcastic. Here are some things I should talk about today (but probably not in great detail because you may lose interest uh huh oh yes that's how it goes: an increase in supply = decrease in equilibrium price given equal demandas;ldfjkasl;dfj):

First of all, I have been to... Singapore! The Lion City! The 'fine' city! Where every time you do something wrong, you get fined! Where the only two seasons there are hot and hotter! And the only kinds of food there are also hot and hotter!!! Okay, well, maybe not. :)) Singapore really is a nice place to be with virtually NO pollution! We went all over the city in all kinds of transportation like by private van, by subway, by monorail, by FOOT. My feet died some time within those three days.

There were so many things to see in Singapore! And so much food to eat! Oh, and I finally got my bare feet on to a beach in Sentosa! A REAL beach! With real salty water! (Yes, I just had to taste it.) Then the sky got all dark and thunderstormed on us a little while later but hey, I'm happy enough with wading in knee-high seawater for a few blissful minutes. There was also this amazing fountain show in Sentosa that made me go omgit'ssoawesomeicandiehappynow. It's called Songs of the Sea. It's wonderful and dreamy and magical. If you're going to Singapore, you have to watch it.

Other places we've been to are the Merlion Park (Singlish, 'Muh-lah-yun Pawhk' so we thought it was the Malayan Park), the Night Safari (which was really cool too!), the Singaporean Flyer (giant ferris wheel with a great view from the top!), Orchard Road (nothing special for me. It was just a bunch of malls), Esplanade (a concert hall that looked like twin durians from the outside but they were meant to look like a halved microphone), Gluttons Bay (yummy food), foodcourts (more yummy food!), other malls like the Bugis Junction (our hotel, the Summerview Hotel, was actually quite near there).

My dearest friend Maxine celebrated her birthday five days ago! BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAX!  Note: celebrated. Her birthday was April 24, Easter Sunday. How holy can she get? But she treated us to Banana Leaf last April 30 and it was awesoomeeee! The curry was so good I had to bring home the leftover sauce. And so I did. After lunch we went to buy socks!! So fun!!! =)) No, no, silly. We bought socks to play bowling! And then after bowling, we went to Tom's World, this kiddie arcade with REAL TICKETS! Then we exchanged the tickets for prizes and got Max a super adorable stuffed ducky with the words 'You're so ducky!' written on it! Then after than we went to play ROCK BAND. WHOO. I loved the mic. I sang Poker Face and Just Dance and Bad Romance and it was so embarrassing because my guy friends must now think I'm some sort of trying-hard diva but what the hey! My friend Arnie was a pro at the drums AND the guitar. Just sayin'.

In other news, I have successfully passed my scholarship form along with all the chorva required with it! Actually, I had a bad dream last night that I was rejected for the scholarship. :| That is bad juju right there. But no, I shall never lose hope. :D

Thanks for reading this far! :D I never write coherently anymore, so thanks for bearing with me! I should go take a shower now. Hasta luego!

2 comments:

  1. The Philippines also has two seasons: Hot and not-so hot. :)) Parang Singapore lang.

    Yung songs of the sea, was it about the guy who had to wake the sleeping princess (whose face was only projected on a water jet :|)? I've seen that too. Fun fun fun. :D

    ReplyDelete